SIAA Space Industry Development Fund
The SIAA Board has allocated an annual amount from its budget to support member activities that align with our mission of promoting and assisting the development of a viable and self-sustaining Australian space sector.
Grants of up to $2,500 will be available to support the organisation and delivery of industry-related events including, but not limited to, conferences, workshops, seminars and other meetings, and to support special space-related projects and activities.
Funds will be allocated via a competitive process to ensure that the grants generate value in at least one of the following priority areas:
- Promoting and building the Australian space industry
- Supporting Australian space research
- Supporting future workforce development
- Only current financial SIAA members can apply.
- Introductory Members are not eligible to apply for a grant
Proposals will be assessed according to the extent to which they:
- are aligned with one or more of the priorities identified above
- deliver broad impact to the Australian space industry
- demonstrate good value for SIAA members.
- Funding will normally be allocated by the SIAA Board twice yearly – applications will be sought in May and October of each year, via a bulletin to members
- The details of how to apply will be provided in the member bulletin
- Applications will be assessed by the SIAA Board against the stated criteria
- The SIAA Board reserves the right to request further information about a proposal and to conduct interviews
- If insufficient applications are received, or applications are deemed not to meet a sufficient standard, the Board reserves the right not to make an allocation
- Late applications will only be accepted where there are mitigating circumstances, and approval will be at the discretion of the SIAA Board
- All decisions are final and are non-appellable
Applications are open twice per year, in May and October. Members will be advised via a Member Bulletin when applications are open.
How to apply
Applications are not currently being accepted. We expect to run another round of grants in October 2020.
When applying you will be asked to include the following information:
- SIAA member details
- Title of the project
- Project description (max 200 words)
- Describe how your proposal addresses the Evaluation Criteria (max 300 words)
- What is the total cost or budget of your project?
- How much are you requesting from the SIAA and how will it be spent?