SIAA Space Industry Development Fund
The SIAA Board has allocated an annual amount from its budget to support member activities that align with our mission of promoting and assisting the development of a viable and self-sustaining Australian space sector.
There are two categories of funding:
- Grants of up to $2,500 to support the organisation and delivery of industry-related events including, but not limited to, conferences, workshops, seminars and other meetings
- One-off competitive grants of up to $2,000 to support special space-related projects and activities.
Both categories of funding will be allocated via a competitive process to ensure that the grants generate value in at least one of the following priority areas:
- Promoting and building the Australian space industry
- Supporting Australian space research
- Supporting future workforce development
Only SIAA members can apply. Proposals will be assessed according to the extent to which they:
- are aligned with one or more of the priorities identified above
- return the maximum impact for the Australian space industry and SIAA members
- demonstrate good value for SIAA members.
- Funding will normally be allocated by the SIAA Board twice yearly – applications will be sought in May and October of each year, via a bulletin to members
- The details of how to apply will be provided in the member bulletin
- Applications will be assessed by the SIAA Board against the stated criteria
- The SIAA Board reserves the right to request further information about a proposal and to conduct interviews
- If insufficient applications are received, or applications are deemed not to meet a sufficient standard, the Board reserves the right not to make an allocation
- All decisions are final
Applications for the current round are now closed.
How to apply
NB: APPLICATIONS FOR THE OCTOBER ROUND HAVE NOW CLOSED.
The online application form will re-open in
May 2020. When applying you will be asked to include the following information:
- SIAA member details
- Title of the project
- Project description (max 200 words)
- Describe the benefit for the Australian space industry and SIAA members (max 200 words)
- How will you promote your activity? (max 100 words)
- What is the total cost or budget of your project?
- How much are you requesting from the SIAA and how will it be spent?
For further information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.