SIAA Board Nominations
Nominations to join the SIAA Board are now open.
Elections will take place at the SIAA Annual General Meeting - to be held at UNSW, Wednesday, 20 November 2019, at 4.30pm.
Pursuant to clause 13 of the SIAA Constitution, nominations from Voting Members of the Space Industry Association of Australia Limited (‘the Association’) of Eligible Persons are now invited for seven director positions. The SIAA Constitution can be downloaded here.
‘Voting Members’ are Large Corporate Members, Small Corporate Members, Non-profit Organisation Members and Individual Members of the SIAA whose membership fees are not in arrears for more than 90 days, and in the case of an Organisational Member (i.e. large corporate member, small corporate members and non-profit organisation members) may include an authorised person nominated by or acting on behalf of the member.
An ‘Eligible Person’ is a natural person who is a Voting Member or an authorised person nominated by an Organisational Member that is a Voting Member.
Nominations must be in writing and must be received on or before midnight (ADST) Tuesday, 29 October 2019.
Nominations should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include:
- The nominee’s full name
- If the nominee is nominated by an organisational member, confirmation that the nominee is an authorised person nominated by the organisational member
- A statement of the nominee’s relevant experience and motivation to be a director of the SIAA (not exceeding 300 words).
Your nomination will be published below. You are welcome to send a head shot (jpg format preferred), which will published along with your application.
- An Organisational Member may not nominate more than one Eligible Person for a Director position (clause 13.2(b) of the Constitution)
- A person who is an employee of or contractor to the Association (each a disqualifying position) may not hold office as a Director (clause 13.6(a) of the Constitution).
- A Life Member has the right to receive notice and attend, but not the right to vote at, General Meetings. A person can be a Life Member and an Individual Member (Clause 5.4 of the Constitution).
In relation to the expectations of Directors:
- The Association is a not for profit association of members formed to advocate for and advance the interests of the space sector in Australia.
- Directors have traditionally donated their time and are not remunerated for their work for the association.
- The primary role of the Board is to ensure the good governance of the association in accordance with Australian law.
- Directors’ meetings are usually held monthly, either face to face or by teleconference, or both.
- From time to time directors are also required to perform tasks assigned by the Board.
- The SIAA has an informal policy of encouraging a diversity of background, experience and genders in its various representative bodies, including the Board.
Nominees details will be published on this page after the nominations close (closing date is 29 October 2019).
Click on a photo to view the biography of the nominee.