- This event has passed.
GEO Virtual Symposium 2020
June 15 - June 19
You are invited to participate in the first-ever GEO Virtual Symposium 2020 – which will take place entirely online.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Group on Earth Observations has announced the format of the event to be held remotely from 15-19 June 2020. The global GEO community will benefit from a series of interactive webinars over the course of one week that will provide in-depth discussions from experts on a range of relevant issues to the GEO Work Programme Flagships, Initiatives and Activities.
At this first year of the 2020-2022 GEO Work Programme, the Symposium will focus on strengthening the capability of GEO Work Programme activities to implement their plans effectively. It will cover topics such as:
- Leveraging Advanced Technologies
- Engaging UN Agencies and Intergovernmental Organizations
- Contributing to Reproducible Knowledge
- Resource Mobilization and Sustainable Funding
- Co-designing Capacity Development
- Focusing on Impact: Regional GEOs
- Monitoring Essential Variables
- Water and Coastal Observations
- and more…
A special session on Earth observations for COVID-19 Response and Recovery will start off the week to mark the contributions of the GEO community to this significant challenge.
All sessions will encourage interactive participation from attendees.